Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hypocrisy Is The Best Policy

A very good friend and I have had a couple of conversations lately about immodesty in the church. My friend holds to the view that the immodesty being displayed is just a true manifestation of the heart. Its a nobel thing to honest, right? *Keep it Real* and *Be true to your self*. After all there are gossips in the church but we cant *see* that so they arent picked on, give the immodest crew a break, they are just showing themselves in a realistic light. Honesty is the best policy...

I say..........

Please keep your hypocrisy intact so we dont have to see your boobs. God made us with eyes, He knew we would judge one another by appearances and conduct. The greatest commandment is to love others, we do that by considering others, even in the seemingly small things like how we dress and conduct ourselves. Dont show your true colors so proudly, hide them.

The worlds way is to display all its evil internal vomit very proudly, but the world is wrong. Lady Gaga although popular, is wrong......."I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." — Lady Gaga....Keep your psychosis to yourself Gaga.

I know I sounds crass and rude here but this is a rude subject, and quite frankly Im sick of seeing the insides of your heart, its ugly, you look much better as a hypocrite.

I have 5 little children, one dear daughter who is very sensitive to the styles of dress around her. My 4 sons will one day become young men who are instructed to flee *youthful lusts*. If they cant find refuge in Gods house where is it safe?

5 comments:

  1. I clicked over from a comment of yours at Jewel's because your blog name intrigued me -- I like needlework and sewing and thought "Graceful Threads" might include those subjects. I saw this post at the top and have to say I agree. I have three sons, all young men, and it is almost a constant battle whenever we go out, particularly in the summertime. Church should be one place you don't have to see that. I don't mind the non-Christian girl who doesn't know any better, but I don't understand why some good Christian dads are oblivious to what their daughters have on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't sound crass or rude. You have an opinion and a good one at that!
    I work in a High School and wow! you see everything! But Church, that is a special place. It's not a place for the world's policies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, yay! I have a whole lot of things to say but I won't because you said them better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather have a person show their true colors and than be a hypocrite. That is why I am so turned off by religion as a whole b/c the church is permeated with judgmental people like you that hide behind a veil of hypocrisy to pass judgement. Indeed Hypocrisy is the best policy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gjanietf,

    Are you an atheist?

    ReplyDelete