Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu

Swine Flu
West NileVirus
Avian Bird Flu
Sars
The Huanta Virus
Mad Cow Disease
Ebola
Monkey Pox
AIDS
MRSA
The Killer Flesh Eating Disease
Lyme Disease

But the biggest epidemic with the most victims is.....FEAR! The devil would love to paralyze us with FEAR. If it isn't the Swine Flu its the economy or tainted Peanut Butter.
Not minimizing the risk just saying (to myself #1 because I'm a worrier) that God is on His throne and in control. The media likes to hype it up and report on these types of sensational *pandemics*. Again I am not saying we shouldn't use prudence but our God knows about this flu and He told us to not be anxious for ANYTHING including the Mexican Swine Flu.

Isaiah 41:10 encourages us “'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

3 comments:

  1. Amen! The way the media jumped at this makes me think they're making a bigger deal of it than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad that folks have already died from swine flu. However, you're right about fear being the primary epidemic.

    I love the scripture you quoted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just linked to this post from my blog! Hope you don't mind. I thought you summed it up quite well. Fear is a spirit of the enemy, and while we do need to be careful, we also need to remember that HE is sovereign!

    ReplyDelete