Monday, November 5, 2012

Colossians 4:1-3

Scripture: kjv Colossians 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
Observations:
In order to *continue* in prayer we have to begin praying in the first place. This is an area I struggle with, I just assume everything happening in my life is Gods will therefore I dont pray as much as I should. I recently heard a message about not being content with things but to wrestle and pray fervently for change. Paul tells us in this passage to pray, watch, be thankful.
Paul asks for prayer and again I find significant what he asked the church at Colossae to pray for, that God would open doors of utterance that they might speak the mystery of Christ. Our prayers are so selfish and feeble. When was the last time we prayed for open doors to speak the mysteries of Christ? What is a *door of utterance*?An opportunities to speak. To speak the mystery of Christ. The Gospel.
For which I am also in bonds...Paul was in prison for the doors of utterance he had already walked through yet here he is again praying for more doors to be opened, not at all discouraged or dissuaded from continuing to preach the same mysterious message that got him in prison. Peace that passes understanding.
Application: We often get in the car and pray that wherever we go God would lead us to a hungry soul. Someone we can help. I dont expect to share the gospel, I hope to share a smile, encouragement, kindness. The one thing I hope to teach my children is that they would not be selfish and obsessed with only their own needs....this prayer is a great reminder of what our objective in this world should be. Praying for doors to be opened that we might share the gospel. God open doors of utterance that we may share the mystery of Christ.
Pray: God give us doors of opportunity to share Jesus, give us boldness to walk through the doors for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment