Thursday, October 18, 2012

Colossians 3:1-4

Colossians 3:1-4


Scripture: kjv Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Observations: *If ye be* .......seek those things above. No questions asked....just *If ye be*....then seek. Period. Actively pursue and look for the things of God. Things that are found at the right hand of the throne of God.

The things we are to seek are:

  • above
  • where Christ sitteth
  • on the right hand of God

Set your affections on things above, thats twice in the same sentence Paul tells us to look *above*, not on earthly sensual, carnal, fleshly desires. We are dead. Again this is a statement not a question or a maybe you are or maybe you arent...its not a process time.....Ye are dead, present tense, and our lives are hid with Christ in God. Praise the Lord we *are* dead and hidden in Christ!
 
When Christ who is our life....is such a beautiful statement. Christ is our life. Our breath, our sustenance, our very reason and ability to live....Christ is our life...our whole life, every aspect of it. Reminds me of some of the ALL scriptures in Colossians. Colossians 2:10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power Colossians 3:11 ...Christ is all, and in all.

Christ who is our life! When He appears we will appear with Him in glory....Notice how we'll appear? Again it is with Christ. Whew that is alot of Christ isnt it? Every way you look at it, any way you turn.....its Christ. He did, is doing, and will do all of it. Everything. ALL. Christ alone will be the reason we appear in glory.

Application: *If ye be* risen with Christ stuck out to me...am I risen with Christ? Before the resurrection there has to be a death and burial, a cross. A complete surrender of my own will. A nevertheless. Im not as concerned about my ability to rise as much as I am learning how to die daily and hide myself in Him.

This passage says we are dead, risen and hid....where did and does every one of these things take place??? IN CHRIST! We die with Him, Rise with Him and are Hid in Him. Which is why this verse says...Christ who is our life. ALL.

PRAY: Thank you Lord that I am dead, risen and hid....all in Christ! You really are my life. My ALL. Please teach me how to more fully yield and surrender my will. I need help Lord, with the death burial and hidden part. Crazy that I fully expect you can raise me but struggle to believe I am dead in Christ. Yet you said it. So glad I am not alone in my struggle. Paul too struggled and wrote about this *wretched man* battle.
 
Christ who is our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment