Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Colossians 3:12

Scripture: kjv Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Observations: Anytime there is a *therefore* there is a whyfore that preceded,:) a reason for the therefore. The reason for this therefore is because there arent races or classes in Christ but Christ is all and in all. Christ is significant so we are too. Its not our last name or how much money we have its Who our Father is that makes us of use. We are Gods chosen so put on/be:

  • holy
  • beloved
  • bowels of mercies
  • kindness
  • humbleness of mind
  • meekness
  • longsuffering

Application: Humblesness of Mind stuck out to me. I like this little flip here....usually we think to pray against pride, work to not be so proud, but this is a different approach. Put on humbleness of mind, and isnt the mind part right on? Doesnt it all take palce in our minds? If we can just take every thought captive. Every proud thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. Put on humbleness of mind. Or that list could read. Be selfless. Be selfless. Be selfless. Be selfless......

Pray:
Humbleness in my mind God. Please help me to not think of myself more highly than I ought. To be swift to hear. Everyone. Even my children. Help me to listen to my 3 year old. Swift to hear. Slow to speak. Humbleness of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment