Monday, October 22, 2012

Colossians 3:7-8

Scripture: kjvColossians 3:7-8

7In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.Observations: 7In the which ye also walked some time....reminds me of such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified.

We used to walk in sin, in our past lives. Before Christ. But now.....Love the But now part... But now put off all these

  • anger
  • wrath
  • malice
  • blasphemy
  • filthy communication out of your mouth

Again it seems we are to put off. Do something...and here I am working so hard to rest...striving to rest.

Application: Interesting that anger wrath and malice is followed by blasphemy and filthy talk. Wonder if there is significance in the order there. Perhaps anger leads to a foul mouth? I can probably testify personally to that. The first 3 in the list are feeling that perhaps manifest themselves in our words. Blasphemy and filthy communications. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth doth speak. The list does seem to gradually get worse and worse until the anger manifests itself in our speech with filthy talk.
Pray:
Let my heart be free from anger Lord. Search me and rid me of wrath and malice, then my words will be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment