Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ambitions




Its easy to turn our family ambitions into a religion. We are so serious about family and the convictions God has given us concerning the family we elevate our burden for a Godly family above God Himself.

Martha was so busy serving Jesus she missed out on...well...Jesus Himself.

Peter was so self determined with zeal and religion that Jesus called him Satan,rebuked him and withdrew His grace so that Peter would know that fleshly efforts don't work.

Eve was seeking knowledge about God when she sinned...seemed noble enough didn't it?

Paul said he considered all of his religious efforts and attainments to be dung.

Seeking knowledge outside of reationship with God is idolatry, I have been guilty.

Isaiah 47:10.......your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,and you said in your heart,“I am, and there is no one besides me.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. Often I have my faith about 12 inches too high. Carrying my faith in my head rather than my heart.

    ReplyDelete