Monday, December 22, 2008

Hospitality

........ vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach........

I know these scriptures are listing the requirements for those in ministry but we should all practice hospitality of some sort.

Not all of us have the *gift* of hospitality but every believer should be willing to open their heart and home from time to time.It is a very effective form of service and ministry.

I am praying God would inspire and allow me to open my home to serve generously through hospitality. Praying that my children will learn about hospitality.

It doesn't take much. A cup of coffee and a warm heart to open your life and home to others. A generous show of Gods love through fellowship.I have too often neglected to open my home because perhaps I didn't have my house just right or didnt have enough money to serve a full meal with all the right touches. Plates that don't match or a wall that is in need of paint. Honestly in my case its just boils down to selfishness. I love my privacy. I don't want make myself vulnerable. Don't want to open myself to criticism. I can and have come up with a million excuses to why I don't serve others through hospitality. It truly takes humility to open your home.

I am hoping that 2009 will be a year filled with hospitality and service!

Its more blessed to give than receive.....

No comments:

Post a Comment