Tuesday, May 26, 2009
10 Reasons I Teach My Children At Home
1. Luke 6:40 A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
2. Socialization, sorry just going to be be frank here. I don't want my children to socialize with other children, outside of controlled,orchestrated times of fellowship with like minded families.
3. I'm greedy. I love my children and don't want to miss one second with them.
4. I want my children to have a Biblical worldview.
5. Um....they are my children, my responsibility. They are not wards of the state. Easy enough?
6. We learn about values,morals,Christ,character,serving others,volunteering...(Learning about many of these things are illegal in PS. )
7. I want my children to learn how to guide a home/family, this is best done at home with the family.
8. Public School teachers are some of the most underpaid/overworked/most likely candidates for burnout on the planet.
9. This right here.
10. This is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics ...Teachers play a vital role in the development of children. What children learn and experience during their early years can shape their views of themselves and the world and can affect their later success or failure in school, work, and their personal lives.Teachers play an important role in fostering the intellectual and social development of children during their formative years. The education that teachers impart plays a key role in determining the future prospects of their students. Whether in preschools or high schools or in private or public schools, teachers provide the tools and the environment for their students to develop into responsible adults. I agree with this description of the role a teacher plays and that is why I think the teacher should be me!